St. Michaels Church Records:
Contributed for by in USGenWeb by Bobbyetta Ganunis
USGENWEB NOTICE: Printing this file by non-commercial individuals and libraries is
encouraged as long as all notices and submitter information is included. Any other use,
including copying files to other sites requires permission from the submitter PRIOR to
uploading to any other sites. We encourage links to state and county table of contents.
**Not responsible for typographical/transcription errors**
St. Michaels Lutheran & Reformed Church
The following information was obtained from St. Michaels
Lutheran and Reformed Church 1894 1994 Klingerstown, Pennsylvania,
Mel-Co Printing 1994.
St. Michaels was built in 1894 by a group of men & women who had been meeting
in the Delp Schoolhouse in Washington Township, Northumberland County, approximately 2
miles northeast of the site of St. Michaels Church. In 1894, three members of the
Zion (Klingers) Church (Lykens Township, Dauphin County) left that church & were
instrumental in the formation of St. Michaels in Klingerstown. They were W.O.
Leitzel, Manasses Rothermel & Calvin W. Klinger.