Up Search Contents


Transfer from the CAR to the SAR

Males who are active members of the Children of the American Revolution may apply for membership in the SAR after reaching the age of eighteen. The CAR Membership Transfer Card (available from the National Society, CAR) will be accepted in lieu of the usual admission fee, provided that the application is submitted not later than his twenty-second birthday. The first year's dues to SAR must be paid.

Males over eighteen who are former members of CAR on a line that is currently acceptable may fill out application papers for SAR and give their National Number in the CAR. All generations back to the patriot ancestor must be shown on the application.

Each transfer applicant must submit a CAR Membership Transfer Card (available from the National Society, CAR), a birth record naming his father and mother, and a record copy of the supportive CAR application.

Back Home Up Next

Copyright 1999-2003 Harris-Ferry Chapter, National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution
Last modified: May 09, 2003
Explanations and disclaimers