George B. Stucker
STUCKER, George B., of the firm of Ward & Stucker, general contractors in street paving, sewers, grading, etc., was born in Harrisburg, December 5, 1864, son of Peter and Elizabeth (Koppenhoffer) Stucker, the former born in Swatara, the latter in Washington township, Dauphin county. The father was born in 1821, son of Joseph Stucker, a native of Germany, who came to America and settled on the present site of Steelton, where he engaged in farming. The father was reared on the farm and educated in the schools of that time. In 1863 he came to Harrisburg and was elected alderman of the Second ward, in which office he served for twenty years. He was one of the donators of the ground on which Steelton was located and laid out. In his political views he was a Democrat. He died in 1884. His wife survives him. Their children are: George B., Charles D., supply agent Harrisburg Chair Works; John A., city inspector; Robert, stenographer. George B. was reared in the city, and received his education in the public schools. In 1889 he formed a partnership with James F. Ward, under the firm name of Ward & Stucker, and engaged in contracting on city work, on pavements, sewers, and street grading, in which they have continued since that time. This firm were leading contractors in the Muench street sewer in Harrisburg, and in the paving and building the street. At the present time they are contractors for a large amount of similar work at Williamsport, Pa. In his political views Mr. Stucker is a Democrat.
Transcribed by Marjorie Tittle firstname.lastname@example.org for the Dauphin County, Pennsylvania Genealogy Transcription Project - http://maley.net/transcription. 30 Oct 2000 Copyright 2000 - All Rights Reserved; Use, duplication or reproduction for profit or presentation by any person or organization is strictly prohibited.