JOHNSON, Clement B., was born in Harrisburg, March 29, 1850. He is a son of William B., native of Hanover, York county, Pa., and Rose A. (McFadden) Johnson, a native of Lebanon, Pa., and of north of Ireland ancestry. His father was engaged in business in Harrisburg for many years. He opened up the marble quarries at Chimney Ridge, Hollidaysburg. He was also engaged in business at Pottsville, Carlisle, Chambersburg, Zanesville, Ohio, and Somerset, Ohio. The parents both died at Harrisburg, the father in April, 1854, the mother, August 29, 1892. This family consisted of eight children, three of whom are living: James A., Fannie L., a teacher in the grammar school, and Clement B. He was educated in the public schools of Harrisburg, and after leaving school learned telegraphy in the employment of the Pennsylvania Railroad Company. He was engaged in this vocation twenty-one years. In 1887 he engaged in the bottling business. He was married in Harrisburg, November 17, 1885, to Mary A. Russ, daughter of Louis and Carolinda Russ, both natives of Lucca, Italy. Three children have been born to them: William L., Maria F., and Herschel L. In politics he has always been a Democrat. The family attend St. Patrick’s Pro-Cathedral. Mr. Johnson is a public-spirited citizen and a successful and honorable business man.
Historical Review of Dauphin County
Transcribed by Linda Mockenhaupt firstname.lastname@example.org for The Dauphin County, Pennsylvania Genealogy Transcription Project - http://maley.net/transcription.
Date of Transcription: 1 June 2001
Copyright (c) 2001 - All Rights Reserved: Use, duplication or reproduction for profit or presentation by any person or organization is strictly prohibited.