LENKER, Charles, H., telegraph operator, was born in Milersburg, Dauphin county, Pa., September 5, 1871, and is a son of David G. and Emily (Kuntzleman) Lenker. His early life was spent under the paternal roof in his native town, where he received his education in the public schools. Completing his school days he entered the Millersburg office of the Pennsylvania railroad and there learned telegraphy, after which he worked in various offices for this company between Renovo and Rockville station. Since January, 1894, he has been located at Clark’s Ferry as operator.
Mr. Lenker was married, in Duncannon, June 27, 1895, to Miss Emma C. Bechtel, daughter of H. Edward and Elizabeth Bechtel, who for a number of years were honored residents of Dauphin county, but now reside in Perry county. Mr. Lenker is a member of Millersburg Commandery, No. 133, Knights of Malta, and Junior Order United American Mechanics, of Duncannon. In his political vies he is a Republican. He and his estimable wife are consistent members of the Lutheran church, and reside in Duncannon, Perry county, Pa, where they are held in high esteem by their neighbors and acquaintances.
Historical Review of Dauphin County