TAYLOR, William H., was born in Shrewsbury, York county, Pa., April 25, 1864. He is a son of Henry F. and Annie (Keevy) Taylor, natives of York county. His father was for many years in the United States detective service. He served as justice of the peace in York county for several terms.
William H. Taylor was educated in York county. At fourteen years of age he left home and learned the trade of miller, at which he worked four years. He afterwards worked as a moulder in York, Pa., for three years. He then opened a bakery in York, and for three years did an extensive business. In 1889 he came to Harrisburg, and engaged in the insurance business. In 1894 he became one of the organizers of the Capital City Flint Company. He was elected the first secretary, treasurer, and general manager of the company, and was continued in these offices until November 30, 1895, since which time he has been secretary of the company. He is also district agent for "The Manufacturers' Industrial League," of Carlisle, Pa. Mr. Taylor is a Rebublican. He is a member of the Junior Order United American Mechanics. He was married, in 1887, to Miss Laura E., daughter of Henry Slusser. They have two children: Paul S. and Eva Adna.
Historical Review of Dauphin County
Transcribed by Janice Frank email@example.com for The Dauphin County, Pennsylvania Genealogy Transcription Project -
Date of Transcription: 17 Jan 2001
Copyright (c) 2000 - All Rights Reserved: Use, duplication or reproduction for profit or presentation by any person or
organization is strictly prohibited