WEAVER, JOHN S., of the firm of Weaver & Hubley, was born in Highspire, Dauphin county, Pa., December 12, 1849; son of John and Barbara (Hoffman) Weaver. The father was a truck gardener and farmer, near Highspire. John S. attended the district schools and when thirteen years old came to Harrisburg, where he started in business as a clerk for Mr. Felix, in the confectionery business, on Market Square, with whom he continued four years, after which he was with Gardner & Sayford, on North Third street, from 1868 to 1872. In January, 1873, he united with Alpheus T. Hubley, forming the firm of Weaver & Hubley, and engaged in the manufacture and sale of confectionery, and has since continued in the business. In politics Mr. Weaver is a Republican, and is a member of the A. O. U. W. He was married in 1876 to Anna C. Troup, of Harrisburg. They have no children. They are members of the First Lutheran church, in which Mr. Weaver holds the office of deacon. He is also a member of the Y. M. C. A.
Historical Review of Dauphin County
Transcribed by Robert Demyrdemy@earthlink.net for The Dauphin County, Pennsylvania Genealogy Transcription Project – http://maley.net/transcription.
Date of Transcription: 12 Feb 2001
Copyright (c) 2000 – All Rights Reserved: Use, duplication or reproduction for profit or presentation by any person or organization is strictly prohibited.